Meeting Minutes for February 15, 2012

ACBL Unit 143 Board of Directors

Meeting was called to order by President S Zenk

Attendees:

Steve Zenk, Pres., Debbie Romero, VP; Linda Seibert, Secy; Bob Griffin; Ed Hale; George Hawley; Jennifer Luner; JoAnn Moore; Jay Shah; Helene Siegfried

Absentees:  Lee Hastings, Jeff Kopolow,Treas; Peggy Wald

Non Board Members Present:  Mike Carmen, Tournament Director

The January Minutes were approved for posting.

Corresponding Secretary’s Report was accepted.

Treasurer’s report was accepted for filing.

OLD BUSINESS

St. Louis Knockouts

J Luner reported for L Hastings that the flyers are out.  She will email Bill Bunn to request that the flyer be distributed through email.

January Sectional

Mike Carmen presented his written report showing outcome of the January Sectional Tournament.  He cited that while the total tables had increased, the number of entries in the Knock-Out event had decreased.  We will monitor this at future sectionals.  The Tournament was profitable.

Youth Bridge

E Hale reported that a line will be added to the flyer for the youth camp to solicit applications for scholarships.  Half the fee for all campers will be paid by ACBL grant.  Unit 143 will pay the other half for 2 from Unit 143.  Steve Reese will notify us of the Unit 143 camp applicants.

NEW BUSINESS

Regional Hospitality

E Hale presented a written proposal to upgrade hospitality during out Regional Tournament.  D Romero requested removal of her name from the proposal.  Discussion followed.  M Carmen will report back with some options.

PUBLICITY

D Romero reported that space has been reserved in the May and June Bridge Bulletins for our ad for August Regional.

Flyers for the May Sectional need to be created.  Verified that the Sunday Swiss Team event will be named to honor Tom Kneist for his attaining Grand Life Master status.  Need to check if lunch will be available for purchase on Saturday for KO players.  M Carmen will check with S Moore, Hospitality Chair, and report back to D Romero

MEMBERSHIP

J Moore reported that we gained 7 new members. 

WEBSITE

STaC results are now posted.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Hospitality needs 2 additional bodies and a car to assist with supplies for May.  J Moore and H Siegfried volunteered.  G. Hawley has created a template for keeping track of caddies.  He will forward a blank to H Siegfried for the procedures manual. J Shah has taken responsibility for the clocks and tripods. J Luner announced that about half the spaces for the 199er have been reserved.

Next meeting is March14, 2012

Meeting Adjourned.

Respectfully submitted, Linda Seibert, Secretary

 


Back to Top

Website and Content © 2003-2017, American Contract Bridge League of Greater St. Louis